RFP - Crestview Plaza Redevelopment Area
The City of Crestwood, Missouri is pleased to present the opportunity to qualified developers to acquire and redevelop the site of the Crestview Plaza shopping center-an area of approximately 8.8 acres at 9222 Watson Road.
To learn more, please the see the RFP- Crestview Plaza Redevelopment Area page:
Crestwood Crossing- 1 Crestwood Plaza
Crestwood Crossing - Dierbergs and McBride Homes are redeveloping the 47-acre site of the former Crestwood Plaza mall into the Crestwood Crossing mixed use district with a commercial shopping center anchored by a Dierbergs Market with restaurants, retail, and services, as well as a new subdivision of eighty-one (81) single family dwellings by McBride Homes.
Dierbergs Crestwood Crossing held their grand opening on Tuesday, March 28, 2023. Additional commercial tenants in the shopping center will be announced soon. Construction is underway on dozens of the homes in The Villages at Crestwood Crossing. The first homes are anticipated to be completed in Summer 2023.
Please see the "Crestwood Crossing" hyperlink above for updates on city approvals as the proposal moves through various stages in the redevelopment process.
Conditional Use Permits
Site Plan Review
Minor Site Plan- EV Charging Stations at 9560 Watson Rd (Sappington Square)- CH Retail Fund I/St. Louis Sappington Square LLC has submitted a request for approval of a Minor Site Plan to install three (3) electric vehicle charging dispensers in the parking lot at Sappington Square shopping center at 9560 Watson Rd.
Minor Site Plan- Parking Lot Landscaping Plan at 9490 Watson Rd. (Woodard Restoration)- JWCI Watson LLC has submitted a request for approval of a Minor Site Plan to add new landscaping in the parking lot at Woodard Restoration at 9490 Watson Rd.
Board of Zoning Adjustment
BZA-2-23 7700 Cloverlea Drive- A request for two variances from the front yard setback regulations in Section 26-16(A.) of the City of Crestwood Chapter 26 Development Code to allow an addition at 7700 Cloverlea Drive.
- CUP-1-2023: Proper Cannabis- 9933 Watson Rd - Conditional Use Permit for Proper Cannabis to operate a Comprehensive Marijuana Dispensary at 9933 Watson Rd.
- ZON-1-22: 8800 Watson Rd.- A request submitted by CWD Equity LLC to rezone 8800 Watson Road to "PD-MXD" Planned Development Mixed Use District with a Preliminary Development Plan to construct a mixed use development with approximately 270 apartments and over 10,000 sqft of new commercial retail and restaurants.
- CSPR 2-2021-301 Watson Plaza- Minor Site Plan for façade updates and parking lot improvements for a new Aldi grocery store.
- CUP 2-21 9915 Watson Road - Conditional Use Permit for McDonalds to operate a drive-thru restaurant.
- CSPR 3-2021-9915 Watson Road- Major Site Plan for McDonald's to tear down and rebuild a new fast-food restaurant.
- CSPR-4-2021 9864 Watson Road: Minor Site Plan for new parking ingress/egress to Watson Rd at the Sherwin Williams shopping center
- CSPR-5-2021 9600 Watson Road - Minor Site Plan for façade updates and parking lot improvements with the renovation of Imo's Pizza.
- CUP 5-21 9805 Watson Road - Conditional Use Permit for Taco Bell to operate a drive-thru restaurant
- CSPR-6-2021 9805 Watson Road: Minor Site Plan for façade updates, parking lot improvements, and landscaping for a new Taco Bell.
- Government Center Updates- Main Entrance-A new ADA-compliant main entrance ramp- Completed Summer 2021
- CUP 1-21 9800 Watson Road - Conditional Use Permit for TD Nail & Bar to install an electronic message center sign.
- CUP 3-21 8720-50 Watson Road - Conditional Use Permit to allow auto service and repair businesses to continue to operate at Watson Auto Care Plaza
- CUP 4-21 1420 S Sappington Road - Conditional Use permit to allow St. Elizabeth-St. Raymond Catholic Church to install an electronic message center (EMC) sign.
- Ch. 26 City Code Amendment- Landscape Code Update-The City is in the process of updating the landscape code to align with the new zoning code.
- Ch. 26 City Code Amendment- Final Development Plan review procedure - Modifying Chapter 26 to allow greater flexibility in the time the Planning, Zoning and Architectural Review Commission has to review Final Development Plans for new Planned Development districts.
- Ch. 26 City Code Amendment- Residential stormwater control design standards - Modifying Chapter 26 so that residential parcels under 1 acre in size will be reviewed only by staff against the standards of the Missouri Botanical Garden for stormwater retention and drainage.
- Ch. 26 City Code Amendment- Conditional Use Permit Conditions Compliance Review - Modifying Chapter 26 to allow city staff to administratively grant extensions of up to six (6) months for applicants to obtain an Occupancy Permit following approval of a Conditional Use Permit
- Ch. 26 & 13 City Code Amendment- Home-based businesses - Modifying Chapters 13 and 26 to replace "Home Occupation" with "Home-based Business" in the municipal code.