Crestwood Crossing- 1 Crestwood Plaza
Crestwood Crossing- Dierbergs and McBride Homes have been approved to rezone the 47-acre site of the former Crestwood Plaza mall to "PD-MXD" Planned Development- Mixed Use District in order to construct a mixed-use commercial and residential development. The redevelopment plan includes a commercial shopping center with restaurants, retail, and services, anchored by a Dierbergs Market, and a new subdivision of eighty-one (81) single family dwellings by McBride Homes.
At this stage, the City of Crestwood has approved the rezoning, Preliminary Development Plans, and Final Development Plans for the Dierbergs shopping center at the center of the site and the new neighborhood of homes to be built on the northeastern portion of the site. A Development Agreement outlining the terms of Tax Increment Financing was approved by the Board of Aldermen in November 2021.
The City of Crestwood has reviewed and approved zoning code compliance and fire code compliance on the construction drawings submitted with the building permit application for the central shopping center. The building permit application and construction drawings have been reviewed for building code compliance with the St. Louis County Department of Public Works. A grading permit to begin site work has been issued and the applicant has begun preliminary site work.
A formal Groundbreaking Ceremony to launch construction of the first phase of the development will be held on Tuesday, April 19th.
Please see the "Crestwood Crossing" hyperlink above for updates on city approvals as the proposal moves through various stages in the redevelopment process.
- ZON-1-22: 8800 Watson Rd.- CWD Equity LLC has submitted a request to rezone the property at 8800 Watson Rd to "PD-MXD"- Planned Development- Mixed Use District. The site is a nearly 12-acre parcel near the SE corner of the intersection of Watson Rd. and Grant Rd. The existing uses at the site include a government office facility, a go-kart recreation facility, and a retail/services building at the rear of the parcel. The request to rezone is accompanied by a Preliminary Development Plan to construct a mixed use development with approximately 270 apartments and over 10,000 sqft of new commercial retail and restaurants.
The rezoning request and Preliminary Development Plan will be presented at a public hearing before the before the Planning, Zoning, and Architectural Review Commission of the City of Crestwood, Missouri on Wednesday, July 6, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom teleconference for the purpose of hearing all citizens’ written and oral comments regarding items related to the proposed redevelopment. Link to the meeting agenda provided here
Hard copies of the application and plans on file may be viewed at the City of Crestwood Government Center at 1 Detjen Drive, Crestwood MO 63126. Members of the public may access the meeting by navigating to the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3147295000. If prompted, enter the following Meeting ID: 314 729 5000.
Written comments may be submitted prior to 3:00pm the day of the meeting to the City Planner by email to email@example.com. All written comments must contain the name and address of the commenter to be read during the meeting.
Conditional Use Permits
- None at this time
Site Plan Review
- None at this time
- CSPR 2-2021-301 Watson Plaza- Minor Site Plan for façade updates and parking lot improvements for a new Aldi grocery store.
- CSPR 3-2021-9915 Watson Road- Major Site Plan for McDonald's to tear down and rebuild a new fast-food restaurant.
- CSPR-4-2021 9864 Watson Road: Minor Site Plan for new parking ingress/egress to Watson Rd at the Sherwin Williams shopping center
- CSPR-5-2021 9600 Watson Road - Minor Site Plan for façade updates and parking lot improvements with the renovation of Imo's Pizza.
- CSPR-6-2021 9805 Watson Road: Minor Site Plan for façade updates, parking lot improvements, and landscaping for a new Taco Bell.
Proposed City Code Amendments & City-Initiated Projects
Board of Zoning Adjustment
- BZA Variance Request- 9915 Watson (McDonald's): Landscape Buffer, Structure Setback, and fence material modifications.
- Government Center Updates- Main Entrance-A new ADA-compliant main entrance ramp- Completed Summer 2021
- CUP 1-21 9800 Watson Road - Conditional Use Permit for TD Nail & Bar to install an electronic message center sign.
- CUP 3-21 8720-50 Watson Road - Conditional Use Permit to allow auto service and repair businesses to continue to operate at Watson Auto Care Plaza
- CUP 4-21 1420 S Sappington Road - Conditional Use permit to allow St. Elizabeth-St. Raymond Catholic Church to install an electronic message center (EMC) sign.
- Ch. 26 City Code Amendment- Landscape Code Update-The City is in the process of updating the landscape code to align with the new zoning code.
- Ch. 26 City Code Amendment- Final Development Plan review procedure - Modifying Chapter 26 to allow greater flexibility in the time the Planning, Zoning and Architectural Review Commission has to review Final Development Plans for new Planned Development districts.
- Ch. 26 City Code Amendment- Residential stormwater control design standards - Modifying Chapter 26 so that residential parcels under 1 acre in size will be reviewed only by staff against the standards of the Missouri Botanical Garden for stormwater retention and drainage.
- Ch. 26 City Code Amendment- Conditional Use Permit Conditions Compliance Review - Modifying Chapter 26 to allow city staff to administratively grant extensions of up to six (6) months for applicants to obtain an Occupancy Permit following approval of a Conditional Use Permit
- Ch. 26 & 13 City Code Amendment- Home-based businesses - Modifying Chapters 13 and 26 to replace "Home Occupation" with "Home-based Business" in the municipal code.